When receiving a notification email from your TalentLMS portal, you may notice the sender of the email is email@example.com. Thus, you might be wondering whether is it possible to change it to a more legit name so your user will not treat it as spam.
I am glad to inform you that this can be changed if you first map a custom domain to your TalentLMS portal. Then you can add DKIM and SPF TXT records to your DNS also to have your custom domain appear as your custom sending domain. For example, if you set up lms.mydomain.com as your custom domain, then you could set up the custom sending domain and it would be firstname.lastname@example.org
The steps are:
- Make sure the portal already setup a custom domain mapping.
- Go to Acc & Settings > Domain.
- Click on the Set external domain mapping.
- Click Send notifications from custom domain, and then note down the SPF and DKIM record
- Then click Map domain.
- Log in to your DNS provider site, and add 2 TXT records, one for the SPF info, and one for the DKIM data. Be careful here, as if your DNS provider adds the root domain to all records, you need to modify the Name field data for each TXT record you are adding, to remove the root domain from the Name field value.